To view our Ophthalmic Specials products you need to be registered/logged in. Login/Register Here.
Once logged in you can view our Specials range and download Cat A Certificates of Analysis.
A special is a specially prepared formulation prescribed to meet the special clinical need
of a patient, where there is currently no licensed version. For example, a particular
strength, a preservative-free formulation, or a particular product presentation or form.
Why are specials prescribed?
What forms do they come in?
- Products available in the orange labelled group include all anti-bacterial, antifungal, anti-viral, antiseptic disinfectants and anti-amoebics.
- Our green range of anti-inflammatory steroids is offered in different strengths, excellent for tapering prescriptions. We offer corticosteroids both with and without preservatives.
- Blue labelled products include cholinergics to test for Holmes Adie pupil and to treat intraocular pressure. Miotics constrict the pupil and are often used in the treatment of glaucoma.
- Red labelled products includes anticholinergics and adrenergics. Mydriatics cause the pupil to dilate and are widely used in surgical procedures for examination purposes.
- Products in the grey group include artificial tears, lubricants, mucolytics, anti-allergens, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatories and anaesthetics.